Privacy StatementYour Rights & Our Responsibility
This statement describes how your medical information can be used and your rights to accessing those records. Please read this information carefully. We are always available to answer questions regarding your health records. Understanding your medical records and how they can be used and who can access them enhances your ability to make decisions about your care.
All health care providers maintain records documenting visits, your condition and the progression of your care. This may include test results, prescribed medications, your diagnosis and other records of your condition and treatment. This information assists with care plans and used by the interdisciplinary team involved in your care. These records are the property of the health care provider.
• You can request a copy of your medical records and view them at any time
• You can request a record of who has viewed your medical records
• You may discuss preferred restrictions of how your information is disclosed
• You can request changes to your records to ensure accuracy
• Revoke your permission to use your information (this excludes past actions)
• We are required by law to protect and maintain the privacy of your medical records
• We provide a notice regarding our legal obligations and privacy practices and will follow those practices
• We have the authority to change our privacy practices governing the information we keep
• We will notify our patients, in writing, any time we make changes to our privacy practices
• We will try to abide by reasonable requests to restrictions to how your information is shared
• We will not share your information to anyone outside normal operations without the express consent of you or your authorized representative
• We require all contracted providers to sign documents requiring them to follow our privacy practices and standards
Use of Information
Community can use your health information in the course of normal health care activities. These may include:
• Care planning and management and development of new standards
• Training and clinical development
• Accreditation, certification and licensing
• Internal reviews and compliance activities
• We may share your information with contracted providers
• We can use your health information to retain payment and reimbursement
Information regarding our privacy practices and our compliance to those standards may be obtained by contacting our company compliance officer, Natalie Sharpe, at email@example.com.